Subject: Re: Lawsuits (formerly "Starting The Business")
From: [email-masked]
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Dec 1995 22:13:16 -0500

In a message dated 95-12-20 10:56:57 EST, you write:

<< You wrote:
========================================================
"the effort it would require to go after him...even if everything had worked
out smoothly, he got my price down to only a few hundred dollars so it's not
really a huge loss...the wisdom gained from this experience is worth much
more."
========================================================
What effort?  For damages under $5,000 all you have to do is file a simple
complaint in JP Court - the court even provides the form, and it can be done
via certified mail.  Kinda scarey that it's so easy, huh?  You don't need a
lawyer if you file Pro Se (yourself), and it usually only costs around
$90.00, which includes the filing fee and service fee.  Check with the JP
court in your county for the exact costs and procedures.   The Complaint Form
usually requires that you state the nature of your complaint, and the amount
of damages in a simple paragraph or two.  You have the right to present your
case to the judge in further detail at the hearing which is basically just
telling the judge what happened, and presenting your proof.  I am not an
attorney.  I repeat, I am not an attorney, however I have filed Pro Se in
both JP court and County Court, and my cases were settled expediently out of
court. Stand by your convictions, and do what you feel is right.  It is wrong
to steal, and plagiarism is a form of theft, as is "misappropriation of an
idea".  I can't think of anything I dislike more than a thief....except maybe
a Doctor that's a thief. 
Betty Wills said that ;-)    >>

No Betty, Thats a Lawyer! A lawyer that's a thief! As for the lawsuit,
Getting a judgement against someone is easy, making them pay is another! Take
it from me. Just kill them, It's much cheaper! Tom Rennen said that!